The South African economy is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and the biggest in Africa.
Despite the growth in the economy, there are still many youths looking for a 9-5 job just to survive.
This can change if South African youths start looking inward and start setting up small scale businesses.
If you are looking to set up a business in South Africa and do not have an idea of the kind of business to establish, here is a list of business ideas that will help you.
- Mobile Restaurant: Today south Africans find it hard to cook so, most people eat out especially in the morning and evening when they are rushing to work or closing for the day.
This is a big opportunity for people who want to go into the restaurant business.
It’s very easy to start a mobile restaurant business and it’s lucrative too. People can do without other things but can never do without food so, setting up a Mobile restaurant is a good opportunity as there are already customers waiting for you.
- Budget Clothing Shop: No matter what the situation is in life, people must have to wear clothes. In South Africa, budget clothing is an amazing business you can start with a low budget.
You can help people plan their clothing budget and help them get quality clothes while you make some profit out of it.
- Business Setup Adviser: Some people want to set up a business but they have no idea about starting one so, if you have a degree in business or you are good in business you can become a business set-up adviser and start making money right away.
- Financial Adviser: Financial adviser helps their client to manage their budget, give advice on business growth and grow wealth. You can start up a financial adviser firm in South Africa and start making money.
There are lots of folks out there looking for the service of a financial adviser to help them plan their budget and give strategy on how to improve on their finance.
- Niche Website/Information Portal: You can start a website and start making money from it. All you need to do is find out what you have passion for and start writing on that niche or topics, however even if you do not have any passion but you have good knowledge from your field of study for example you studied medicine or nursing then you can start a medical awareness blog where you can be an affiliate marketer or use Google Adsense to monetize your blog
- Selling Online: The internet is fast becoming the hub of business, you can start a business from the comfort of your home, all you need to do is buy your wholesale products and start selling online and make a huge profit. you do not need to rent a shop your room or home store can be used to store your products.
- Foreign Cuisine Restaurant: if you are good at cooking or you have attended a catering school that teaches how to cook Foreign Cuisine then you start a Foreign Cuisine Restaurant. People want to try out new food, especially those that are from other parts of the world.
Foreign Cuisine restaurants always have large numbers of customers rushing in to buy foreign foods even when they are expensive.
- Web Design/Development: These days almost all businesses need a website, you can easily become a web designer by learning how to code and build websites online.
You can learn how to install WordPress from youtube and improve your skills by learning coding from sites like Codecademy. Web design is lucrative and can pay you good money.
- Online Marketing: businesses are going fully online these days, you can leverage this opportunity by starting an online marketing firm and help businesses market their products online by running Facebook ads and Google ads. This will be very lucrative for stay at home South African mom because they will make money and also have time to take care of their children.
- Travel & Adventure: People are constantly moving from one place to the other. You can easily become a travel agent by helping them to plan their travel and organise a tour for them. You can do this from the comfort of your home by reaching out to clients online. Youtube will be a good place to market your business.